The Microsoft SharePoint Team has announced last week Wednesday that they have posted the latest Silverlight Blueprints for SharePoint (with support for Silverlight 2 Beta 2) released to CodePlex! Woohoo!
In case you didn’t know, these “blueprints” were designed to provide developers with a better understanding of how to integrate Silverlight with SharePoint.
There are five blueprint samples included in this release:
- Hello World [where would we be without this classic reference]
- Media Player [I was surprised how well this worked with WMV files]
- Slider Control [a classic control with various degrees of granularity]
- Custom Navigation [nothing new here, but it is always good to get a refresher with SharePoint’s navigation system]
- Colleague Viewer [totally impressed with how easy it was to access Active Directory info]
I am happy to note that this new release contains documentation for each of the samples along with full source code. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Kudos to the Microsoft SharePoint Team for taking care of its community!