Design School Confidential: Extraordinary Class Projects from International Design Schools
- Steven Heller and Lita Talarico
- Copyright 2009, Rockport Publishers, Inc.
Things I was totally inspired these topic areas in the book.
Topic: “What Happened?”
- Class: Explaining Yourself
- Level: Masters
- Duration: Four weeks
- Faculty: Scott Stowell
Topic: “Breaking Rules in Interactive Media Design”
- Class: Multimeida Design Studio 3
- Level: Fourth Year
- Duration: One semester
- Faculty: Oguzhan Ozcan and Asim Evren Yantac
The Information Design Handbook
- Jenn and Ken Visocky O’Grady
- Copyright 2008, HOW Books
I found this book to be very informative on the history of information design and does a great job of presenting the principles and theories that drive this important area of practice.
“…to create concise and unambiguous message. While virtually all forms of design are human-centered, information design focuses on the accurate representation of specific knowledge sets and the unique needs of the end user receiving that content.”